Rajasthan, the largest state of western India and the land of royals, has been always famous for the number of forts and palaces it depicts, which have now been transformed into heritage hotels and still continues luring the tourists with its splendour and world class facilities. There are lots of them spread all over Rajasthan, out of which 5 prominent ones are covered below :-
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur – One of the famous hotels among Hollywood and Bollywood and most chosen venue for royal weddings in Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace is a magnificent piece of heritage. Set in the middle of 26 acres of garden, this Golden yellow sandstone hotel will make you experience the Royalty of kings. Experience the royality in its 64 classy rooms categorized as (Historical Suites, Royal Suites, Grand Royal Suites, Maharaja Suite and Maharani Suite (4850 sq. ft.), milk bath in Italian marble tub , sinking in sofas, Museum, Vintage Car drive, Open air grilled feast and newly set Taj Spa.
2. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur – Located on the Jag Niwas island in the middle of Lake Pichola, this five star hotel has been awarded with many titles, the best heritage / the best romantic hotel of Asia or reminiscent of the most beautiful tourist spot of the world, Taj Mahal. With its picturesque gardens, dashing fountains and winding lawns, Taj Lake Palace is not only the choice of number of royal dignitaries, celebrities and corporate high profilers but it is also displayed in a super hit Hollywood movie “James Bond”.
3. Taj Rambagh Palace, Jaipur – Once the residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur and now run by the Taj Group of Hotels, Taj Rambagh Palace has been awarded as the best hotel in the world in 2009 by “Conde Nast Traveller”. With Marble walls, Flooring, Trimmed gardens, Marble fountains and Central lawns lined with arches and more all modern-day comforts and amenities, its a statement to style, royal glory and grandeur. When in Jaipur this is a must visit Palace.
4. The Oberoi Vanyavilas, Ranthambore – The Oberoi Vanyavilas an apt destination for those who want to combine thrills of a wildlife along with a luxurious and Royal stay. It is spread across a sprawling 20 acres of lush, landscaped near the famous ‘Ranthambore National Park’ in Rajasthan.
All the rooms at the hotel are setup in traditional tent style and are embellished with elegant fabric and draperies. Come feel the royality in the midst of wilderness!
5. Samode Palace, Jaipur – About 40 km from Jaipur, Samode Palace makes for one of the most prominent choice on the list of most sought after heritage hotels in Rajasthan due to its huge popularity amongst the celebrities, royalties, and avid travelers. While your stay at the Palace, you can visit the Mughal garden at Samode Bagh, do horse & camel safaris, take special tours to sand dunes, and hot air balloon.